Position : Chief Executive Officer
Type of Employment : Contractual (3 years Contract)
Reports to : Chairman, Executive Committee
Application Deadline : April 30, 2014
Eminence Associates for Social Development, known as ‘Eminence’, is a vibrant, rapidly growing not for profit organization working in the field of the health, nutrition, education, climate change, governance, poverty, livelihood, food security and human rights.
The CEO leads the transformation of Eminence from its current stage to a more mature organization capable of delivering on its long term vision. Specifically, s/he will ensure fiscal, operations, fundraising, marketing, human resources management, technology and programmatic strategies are effectively implemented across all segments of the organization.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Ensure that the organization has a long-range strategy which achieves its vision and mission, and toward which it makes consistent and timely progress.
- Assess national social development trends and identify emerging issues of relevance to the mandate of Eminence to identify opportunities for development planning to advance organization goals and objectives.
- In close consultation/collaboration with national development stakeholders and partners, identify strategic program opportunities, approaches and modalities to strengthen Eminence presence and relevance.
- Provide leadership in developing program, organizational and financial plans, and carry out plans and policies.
- Provide inspirational leadership and direction to all departments, and ensure the continued development and management of a professional and efficient organization.
- Establish effective decision-making processes that will enable Eminence sustainable to achieve its long- and short-term goals and objectives.
- Act as a supreme administrator of the organization and ensure compliance with NGO Bureau, government legislation and regulations.
- Formulate and execute comprehensive communication, branding and development strategies that will ensure consistency throughout the organization and enhance revenue from major donors, foundations, government agencies, and corporations.
- Publicize the activities of the organization, its programs and goals.
- Establish sound working relationships and cooperative arrangements with community groups, stakeholders, partner organizations and government.
- Represent the programs and point of view of the organization to agencies, organizations, and the general public.
- Rationalize the delivery of programs through new and existing resources and partnerships.
- Increase efficiencies and consistency throughout the organization by developing and implementing standardized programs and services.
- Ensure the delivery of high quality services while managing for current and future growth.
- Facilitate cross-departmental collaboration and strengthen internal communications with staff throughout the organization.
- Create and promote a positive, multicultural work environment that supports consistency throughout the organization's strategy, operational methods, and data collection needs.
- Support and motivate the organization's staff.
- Oversee departmental man power planning and recruitment process.
- Oversee job descriptions are developed, performance evaluations are held, and sound human resource practices are in place.
- Oversee that an effective management team with appropriate provision for succession, is in place.
- Encourage team members’ development and education, and assist program staff in relating their specialized work to the total program of the organization.
- Maintain a climate which attracts, keeps, and motivates a diverse staff of top quality people.
- Oversee the financial status of the organization including developing long and short range financial plans.
- Set financial priorities accurately to ensure the organization is operating in a manner that supports the needs of the program.
- Work with the team, Finance Committee, and the board in preparing a budget; ensure that the organization operates within budget guidelines determine the financial needs of the organization, submitting proposals to donors and taking care of the fundraising records.
- Ensure that adequate funds are available to permit the organization to carry out its programs.
Education: Candidate should have a post graduate degree from any reputed University. PhD in Medical, Social or Development Science will be given preference.
Experience: Minimum 20 years of extensive development experience in international organization, donor organization or international funding agencies of USA, UK or other developed countries as a head or CEO.
Citizenship: Only foreign citizen are encouraged to apply.
- Good understanding of the social, economic, political and historical trends of the country.
- Knowledge of the legislation, regulations and financial issues relating to fundraising preferred.
- Sound understanding of the international programs in developing countries.
- Knowledge of individuals, donors and networks making significant contributions in the global response of development.
- Sound understanding of the funding landscape.
- Excellent management & leadership skills and ability to think strategically
- Excellent skills in facilitation and capacity building for inter-linkages between staff, donors, partners & stakeholders
- Excellent conceptual, analytical, documentation and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including report writing
- Excellent planning and prioritization skills
- Excellent financial management skills
- Strong analytical/problem solving, multi-tasking skills and negotiation skills
- Proficiency in English language and a familiarity with the particular country environment as it affects development
- Demonstrable commitment to supportive team working
- Creative, takes initiative, flexible, and supportive
- Able to work effectively in a diverse team environment
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse coalition, alliances as well as independently
- Multitasking with ability to handle heavy work load and various projects in a highly challenging environment
- Willing to work additional hours at crucial times
- Passionate about development of Bangladesh and Eminence’s vision and mission
- Attractive salary
- Free accommodation
- Full time Car with fuel and driver
- Replacement Cost
- Leave Fare Assistance
- Health insurance
Interested candidate satisfying minimum requirements, are requested to send their Curriculum Vitae with a Cover Letter and Selection Criteria to the email
on or before April 30, 2014.